I really think that this duo is the best way to start my 25 Days of Christmas. You see, when I asked my Rep at Eurographics for the 100 piece Sweet Christmas puzzle, I had meant the mini stocking-stuffer sized one. Imagine my delight when I was sent both!
Now, both puzzles are 100 pieces, and have the same design; but that’s where the similarities end. The 100 piece Kids puzzle has large, easy to grasp pieces that fit tightly together. Once assembled, I could lift the whole puzzle up!
The Mini, was a bit more tricky. This had a wider range of shapes and with really small pieces, I was glad to have assembled the larger one first to use as a guide. I liked the Mini, and can recommend it as a stocking-stuffer or as a small gift for someone bedridden. Finding tricky small puzzles that fit on my lap-desk is a trial for those days where I’m well enough to be awake, but not able to move much.
The design of Sweet Christmas is that of several different baked treats that are featured at Christmas time. Each is labeled,and while I was a bit disappointed by the lack of fruitcake, rum balls and pecan divinity; this puzzle is meant for kids.
- Company: Eurographics Puzzles
- Title: Sweet Christmas
- Artist: Unknown
- Year released: 2018
- Pieces: 100
- Cut-Style: Grid-cut puzzle
- Finished size: 13 x 19 in / Mini -9 x 7 in
- Bonus poster: No
- Made from recycled board and printed with vegetable based ink.
- Made in USA
- Box: sturdy, sized 8 x 8 x 2.37 in / Mini – 4 x 4 in
- Board: Very sturdy and rigid
- Cut: Cut with a steel-cut die,
- Image Quality: Excellent
- Finish: Slightly glossy
- Puzzle Dust: Minimal
- Piece shapes: A good mix of traditionally cut and irregular pieces
- Piece Fit: Excellent, Very tight fit on the Children’s puzzles, a bit looser on the Mini-puzzle
Disclosure: I received a complimentary puzzle from the manufacturer in exchange for review. The opinions are my own.
Thanks for reading, and please click the Follow Button under my profile on the right side of the page. To support posts like this in the future, consider joining my Patreon!